Deciding whether to get a tattoo on your face is no easy task. But, I’ve broken down some of the biggest benefits and drawbacks to help make the decision that much easier for you!
At the end of this article I’ve compared a many of the pros and cons of microblading. Reading through the following will help you determine whether getting microbladed brows is the best fit for you!
Let’s Cover The Basics – What Is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent form of tattoo for your eyebrows. It is a procedure where the artist uses a very fine, manual needle to create feather-like strokes resembling brow hairs. The ultimate goal of microblading is to give you long-lasting, realistic brows with depth, and a perfect shape best suited for your facial structure.
Who Can Get Microblading?
Microblading is a procedure where the skin is opened for a period of time; these small incisions must heal under the best conditions in order to achieve the most desirable results. Although there are many benefits of waking up every day with perfect brows, unfortunately microblading is not suitable for everyone.
Before I get into the pros and cons, I’ve summarized who will be best fit for microblading:
- Microblading works best on those who have thin brow hair, and a naturally dry skin type.
- Microblading will not last as long on those who have oilier skin, those who do not follow the aftercare instructions correctly, those who have sensitive or reactive skin, acne-prone skin, thick or coarse brow hair, and those who have a skin condition such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, or melasma.
- Microblading is not suitable for those who are under 18, get Keloid scars, are pregnant or breastfeeding, are anemic, are diabetic, have HIV, have epilepsy, or generally don’t heal well and develop infections easily.
For a better understanding of who is able to get microblading done, take a look at my How To Prepare For Your Microblading Appointment post.
So Why Should I Get Microblading??
There are so many awesome benefits to having your brows microbladed. If you’ve gone through the information and are able to have your brows microbladed, congratulations! Having a form of permanent makeup will make your life much easier in the long run. You may not realize it, but so much time of your life is spent filling in brows, or fixing them when they don’t cooperate.
With microbladed brows, the fuss is GONE!
If you have sparse, thin, light, or even nonexistent brows, then microblading them may just be the perfect solution for you. In addition to getting your time back, there are many other pros when it comes to having these gems tattooed on your face.
The Pros Of Microblading: The Fun Part!
I love when someone decides to make a positive change in their life. Having your brows microbladed definitely falls into that category!
Some other awesome pros of microblading include:
- You save SO much time! It may not seem like it, but what a hassle it is to wake up earlier than needed, every day, because filling in your brows in the morning is more important than sleep… What?! We deserve all the rest we can get, am I right? When your brows are microbladed, you can hit that snooze button, honey!
- You don’t need to fear water anymore. You know what I’m talking about, right? With permanent brows, feel free to dunk your head in the pool, hit the steam room, go snorkeling, shower mid-day, and dance in the rain! No need to fear your brow makeup getting washed away.
- Confidence increase. Finally, you can wake up and feel like your best self! You don’t have to worry about others seeing you without your brows because, well, they’re THERE. (And I totally understand. Naturally, my brows are a super light, sparse, barely-there type of hair.)
- Don’t sweat it – Your workouts, running to catch transit, doing housework, or even a hot day in the sun don’t stand a chance! Sweat all you want, because your new brows can withstand it all.
- It’s empowering. Never feel bad for making a decision that’s in your best interest. You need to take care of YOU! If great, long-lasting brows are what you desire, then go get ’em!
And there you have it.. need I say more?
If you want to decrease the stress in your life, increase productivity, and empower yourself, it looks like having your eyebrows microbladed is a great choice for you!
Because Nothing Is Perfect.. The Cons Of Microblading
As I mentioned earlier, there are limitations and possibly even some drawbacks when it comes to microblading. But I want to make sure that you’re fully informed before committing to an (almost) permanent face tattoo. Here are the cons of microblading:
- It may not last, depending on your skin type. If your skin is naturally oily, prone to acne, is reactive, or if you have a skin condition such as eczema; unfortunately your microblading may fade faster, and more touch-ups may be needed.
- It could feel uncomfortable. Although most clients tend to feel no pain or discomfort at all, as we do apply a numbing cream throughout, some people are more sensitive and may feel discomfort during the procedure. (Note that only Tylenol is allowed if you have a low pain tolerance.)
- It SOUNDS weird. Quite literally; as the artist moves the needle across your brow, you will likely hear the sound of the small cut. (This is normal; however it does surprise most people, if they’re not prepared.)
- It does fade over time. Microblading may completely fade after a couple years, or in some cases may never quite disappear completely. (Although this could be a pro too, as you may want to adjust your brow shape the next time around.)
- You will need to adjust to the aftercare. For the first couple weeks, if you want the best results, the healing process and aftercare should be followed as best as possible. Otherwise, your new brows will fade quickly or not heal as crisp and defined.
For more information on my aftercare process, click HERE.
As always, research and seek out the information you need before committing to a procedure like microblading.
Microblading: Is It Worth It?
In short, I would say.. YES. If you truly believe that the pros outweigh the cons, then I say go for it!
I want to provide you with as much information as possible, because I want you to be completely certain when it comes to your brows!
For me, the pros of microblading create a life that is empowering, more carefree, and allows for more free time.
I would love to know your thoughts; what is stopping you from having your brows microbladed? Have you had a bad experience with microblading in the past? Or are you unsure how to take the first step? Let me know down below! I love answering all of your comments.
If you have any further questions, or would like to chat about microblading, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s to empowering brows!